Saturday, August 10, 2013

The beginning

This year has taken us on quite a journey. Me losing my job last November and really struggling to find another one and him being denied yet again for his disability has forced us through some really tough times and forced us to make some tough decisions..... with the latest being

He is going to be a Truck Driver. 

He has wanted to do this his whole life and just never did it. So in that respect it makes me happy that he will finally get to do something he has wanted for so long. 

On the other hand I am nervous about the coming days, months and years. I have never been alone. Yes the girls will be around and I have family but that's different ya know! Not like having your husband around. I will have to learn to do everything around the house and with the cars and everything else that needs to be done that normally he has done. Not that I don't think I can do it because I can but it will be different. Along with taking care of his mother who has dementia. You can check out my other blog "My lesson in Patience" to read about those adventures LOL 

I am so used to having him here to bounce things off .. to have conversations with ... to just spend time with and now I will be alone. It's a scary thought. My girls are grown they have their own lives and I think I will be spending alot of time alone with alot of time to reflect. 

I know there will be times I will be able to go out with him on the road and that's exciting ... I am looking forward to that! 

Right now he is in school. He is on day 6. 11 more days to go then he will graduate and head out on the road. So for now I am lucky I have him home at night but the impending changes have me nervous as all get out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design Downloaded from free blogger layouts | free flash templates | vectors art download | Free Icons Download.